Style Icon Vivienne Westwood Has Passed Away
Get all the latest news, live updates & top stories on Vivienne Westwood
TheGuardian - Dame Vivienne Westwood, the pioneering British fashion designer who played a key role in the punk movement, has just passed away in London at the age of 81. Westwood died “peacefully, surrounded by her family” in Clapham, south London, this past Thursday, Westwood's representatives said in a statement. She had continued to do the things she loved, including designing, working on her book and making art “up until the last moment”, they added. Westwood's husband and creative partner, Andreas Kronthaler, said: “I will continue with Vivienne in my heart. We have been working until the end and she has given me plenty of things to get on with. Thank you darling.” Vivienne Westwood will surely be missed by many.
Follow the latest news about Vivienne Westwood here, or install FREECABLE TV and subscribe to the channel: click here
- Remembering designer Vivienne Westwood, the 'godmother of punk' link
From 2013: Vivienne Westwood, queen of punk fashion
Designer Vivienne Westwood, a guiding figure in the birth of Britain's punk movement in the 1970s, died on Thursday, Dec. 29, at the age of 81. In this profile originally broadcast on "CBS Sunday Morning" August 4, 2013, Westwood talked with correspondent Anthony Mason about the incendiary origins of punk rock, her rebellious take on fashion, and her shifting views of the royals.
- Looking back at life, career of Vivienne Westwood, beloved designer and punk fashion icon link
- British punk fashion designer Vivienne Westwood dies at 81 • FRANCE 24 English link
- 'A real iconoclast': Vivienne Westwood dies aged 81 • FRANCE 24 English link
- Remembering Vivienne Westwood - punk icon and cultural trailblazer | ABC News link
- Fashion designer, style icon Vivienne Westwood dies at 81 link
- Fashion Designer Vivienne Westwood Dead at 81 | E! News link
- A look back at the life and legacy of Dame Vivienne Westwood link
- Fashion designer Vivienne Westwood dies at 81 link