Roy Jones Jr Vs. Mike Tyson
Get all the latest news, live updates & top stories on Roy Jones Jr
As ESPN eloquently put it, "former undisputed heavyweight champion Mike Tyson is making a comeback." Tyson, now age 54, will fight Roy Jones Jr. in an eight-round exhibition on Sept. 12 at Dignity Health Sports Park in Carson, California. Tyson, in an appearance on ESPN's First Take on Thursday, explained his reasoning for a return to the ring. "It's because I can do it. And I believe other people believe they can do it too," Tyson said. "Just because we are 54, it doesn't mean that we have to start a new career and our lives are totally over. Not when you feel as beautiful as I do, and I'm sure that other people feel the same way. Last month, Jones, now age 51, expressed interest in a possible bout with Tyson. "I've been trying to enjoy retirement, but people don't seem to want to let me retire," Jones said. "They keep calling me, telling me that Mike wants to come back, and that you'd be a great opponent for Mike.
- MIKE TYSON VS. ROY JONES JR. SIDE-BY-SIDE COMEBACK TRAINING COMPARISON - POWER & SPEED AGES 54 & 51 link
- Roy Jones Jr. Excited To Fight Mike Tyson | TMZ Sports link
- Mike Tyson Fighting Roy Jones Jr. In Comeback, I Only Fight Full Speed! | TMZ Sports link
Mike Tyson announces return to boxing with 8-round exhibition vs. Roy Jones Jr. | First Take
Mike Tyson joins Max Kellerman on First Take to discuss his comeback to boxing against Roy Jones Jr. on September 12th in Los Angeles and explains why he formed the “Legends Only League” for senior athletes.
- MIKE TYSON "F*K WATCH WHAT IM GONNA DO!" - TALKS ROY JONES JR EXHIBITION FIGHT ON SEPT 12TH! link
- [Breaking New] Mike Tyson "excited" return to BOXING, vs Roy Jones JR. - September 12 | First Take link
- (WOW!) MIKE TYSON VS. ROY JONES JR. SET FOR 8-ROUND EXHIBITION ON SEPTEMBER 12 IN CALIFORNIA link