Queen Elizabeth Has Been Laid To Rest
Get all the latest news, live updates & top stories on Queen Elizabeth funeral
CNN - Britain's longest-reigning monarch Queen Elizabeth II has just been laid to rest at the King George VI Memorial Chapel in Windsor, following her final procession through London. Thousands gathered around the streets near Westminster Abbey and along the 25-mile route from central London to Windsor, hoping to catch a glimpse of the sovereign's flag-draped coffin as it traveled by hearse to her final resting place. Royal family members, Presidents, prime ministers, princes and princesses, as well as numerous other public figures were seen sitting side-by-side to pay their last respects. The somber funeral service was truly a testament to the Queen's far-reaching appeal and deft diplomacy. Queen Elizabeth will surely be missed by many.
- Queen Elizabeth death: Processions leading up to funeral begins | nzherald.co.nz link
- Queen Elizabeth II's funeral to be held tonight link
- Biden, world leaders arrive in London for queen’s funeral link
- Osinbajo Arrives In London Ahead Of Queen Elizabeth's Funeral link
- Queen Elizabeth II Funeral I President Cyril Ramaphosa arrives in London link
- Bidens arrive in UK ahead of the Queen’s funeral link
Final preparations underway for Queen Elizabeth II's state funeral
Final preparations are underway as thousands of people from across the world are set to arrive in the United Kingdom to attend Queen Elizabeth II's state funeral service on Monday. The funeral had been planned for decades with details especially important to the queen. Roxana Saberi reports.
What to expect from Queen Elizabeth II’s funeral
ABC News royal contributor Alastair Bruce breaks down the different customs surrounding the queen’s funeral.
- Where Has Sarah Ferguson Been Since The Queen Died? link
- Buckingham Palace makes plans for Queen Elizabeth II’s funeral link