Poet Laureate Amanda Gorman's "The Hill We Climb"
Get all the latest news, live updates & top stories on Poet Laureate
In 2014, Amanda Gorman was named the Youth Poet Laureate of Los Angeles at age 16 and then the first National Youth Poet Laureate three years later, NPR News reported. When she stepped onto the microphone this past Wednesday, Gorman became the youngest person in recent memory to deliver a poem at a presidential inauguration. "She gave us hope across partisanship, across age and demographic, across our race, our ethnicity, whoever we are, wherever we are that we can bring that light into our homes, into our communities and across the nation and the world," said Dr. Artika Tyner, author and University of St. Thomas law professor.
Meet Amanda Gorman, America’s 1st Youth Poet Laureate
At just 22 years old, Amanda Gorman has already made history several times over. But her star was launched even further during the inauguration of President Joe Biden, where she performed her original work, “The Hill We Climb.” Taking inspiration from Abraham Lincoln and Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., Gorman says her speech truly came together on Jan. 6, the day of the assault on the Capitol. Now Gorman is looking ahead. Inside Edition Digital’s Stephanie Officer explains.
- Watch poet laureate Amanda Gorman’s commanding reading at the inauguration link
- Amanda Gorman recites stunning poem at Biden inauguration link
- Poet Laureate Amanda Gorman recites poem at Joe Biden's US presidential inauguration ceremony link
The Hill We Climb: the Amanda Gorman poem that stole the inauguration show
Amanda Gorman, a 22-year-old Los Angeles-born writer and performer and America's youth poet laureate, recited her poem The Hill We Climb at Joe Biden's inauguration, becoming the youngest poet to perform at a presidential inauguration
- Poet Amanda Gorman reads 'The Hill We Climb' link
- Inaugural poet Amanda Gorman delivers a poem at Joe Biden's inauguration link
- National Youth Poet Laureate Amanda Gorman at Presidential Inauguration link
- Amanda Gorman, Activist and National Youth Poet Laureate | Amanpour and Company link