Poet Laureate Amanda Gorman's "The Hill We Climb"
Get all the latest news, live updates & top stories on Poet Laureate
In 2014, Amanda Gorman was named the Youth Poet Laureate of Los Angeles at age 16 and then the first National Youth Poet Laureate three years later, NPR News reported. When she stepped onto the microphone this past Wednesday, Gorman became the youngest person in recent memory to deliver a poem at a presidential inauguration. "She gave us hope across partisanship, across age and demographic, across our race, our ethnicity, whoever we are, wherever we are that we can bring that light into our homes, into our communities and across the nation and the world," said Dr. Artika Tyner, author and University of St. Thomas law professor.
Follow the latest news about Poet Laureate here, or install FREECABLE TV and subscribe to the channel: click here
- Watch poet laureate Amanda Gorman’s commanding reading at the inauguration link
- Amanda Gorman recites stunning poem at Biden inauguration link
- Poet Laureate Amanda Gorman recites poem at Joe Biden's US presidential inauguration ceremony link
- The Hill We Climb: the Amanda Gorman poem that stole the inauguration show link
- Poet Amanda Gorman reads 'The Hill We Climb' link
- Inaugural poet Amanda Gorman delivers a poem at Joe Biden's inauguration link
- National Youth Poet Laureate Amanda Gorman at Presidential Inauguration link
- Amanda Gorman, Activist and National Youth Poet Laureate | Amanpour and Company link