CNN Omar Jimenez Arrested on Live Television
Get all the latest news, live updates & top stories on Omar Jimenez
A CNN news crew was arrested on live television Friday morning in Minneapolis. Police reportedly told the crew they were being detained because they were told to move and didn't, according to one member of CNN. "We can move back to where you like. We are live on the air here. ... Put us back where you want us. We are getting out of your way -- wherever you want us (we'll) get out of your way," Jimenez said to the police before he was led away. "We were just getting out of your way when you were advancing through the intersection," Jimenez had continued. Jimenez and his crew were released approximately a hour after their detainment.
- CNN's Omar Jimenez Arrested Live On TV link
- Black CNN reporter arrested by Minnesota police on live television link
- CNN reporter talks about his arrest during Minneapolis protest link
- CNN Reporter Omar Jimenez Speaks on Arrest While Reporting | NowThis link
- CNN Reporter Omar Jimenez Arrested Covering George Floyd Protests in Minneapolis link
- CNN's Omar Jimenez & crew released after being arrested on live TV | Your Morning link
- CNN reporter Omar Jimenez released from police custody link
CNN Reporter Arrested While Covering Unrest In Minneapolis | TODAY
On Friday morning, CNN reporter Omar Jimenez, covering protests in Minneapolis was arrested live on air by Minneapolis police and put in handcuffs. NBC’s Gabe Gutierrez reports for TODAY from Minneapolis.