Minneapolis Mayor is Against Abolishing Police
Get all the latest news, live updates & top stories on Minneapolis Mayor
Minneapolis Mayor Jacob Frey was boo-ed after telling a group of protesters that he did not support abolishing the city police department. After calling out Frey from his home, protesters asked Frey directly if he supported the de-funding of the Minneapolis Police Department. At his response of a resounding no, the protesters boo-ed and chanted "Go home, Jacob, go home" and "shame," according to one video posted to Twitter. In a statement to CNN, a spokesperson for Frey said the mayor is "unwavering in his commitment to working with Chief Arradondo toward deep structural reforms and uprooting systemic racism. He does not support abolishing the police department."
- Protesters boo Minneapolis mayor for refusing to defund and abolish police link
- USA: "Resign!" demand protesters as Minneapolis mayor gets kicked out of demo link
Minneapolis mayor heckled and told to ‘go home’ by George Floyd protesters
Minneapolis Mayor Jacob Frey was heckled by a crowd of protesters telling him to "go home" on Saturday after he ruled out defunding the police department during a demonstration.
- Protesters boo Minneapolis mayor for refusing to defund police link
- Protesters call on Mayor Frey to defund Minneapolis Police link
- Mayor Frey Gives Statement At Protest For Defunding MPD link
- Protesters March In Minneapolis Calling On Mayor Frey To Defund MPD link
- George Floyd’s was Buried with a golden Casket as Mayor of Minneapolis pay is last respect Memorial link
Minneapolis Mayor Jacob Frey cries at George Floyd's casket at memorial
Minneapolis Mayor Jacob Frey paused before George Floyd's casket at the memorial. He dropped to one knee and began sobbing, and appeared to say something.