Japan Takes Down Mexico In World Baseball Classic
Get all the latest news, live updates & top stories on Mexico vs Japan Baseball
ESPN - Japanese Triple Crown winner Munetaka Murakami got a 94 mph, down-the-middle fastball from Team Mexico closer Giovanny Gallegos and sent the offering 400 feet to straightaway center field, a scorching line drive that bounced off the top of the fence and allowed both runners to motor home. Murakami's long-awaited moment had highlighted another intense match in this World Baseball Classic, handing Japan the 6-5 walk-off victory that sent it into a championship showdown against Team USA. "Japan advances," Mexico manager Benji Gil said even in defeat, "but the world of baseball won tonight."
- Mexico vs. United States Full Game (3/12/23) | 2023 World Baseball Classic link
- Japan or Mexico: Who would the USA rather play? link
- Previewing Japan vs Mexico WBC Semifinal link
- Cuba vs. United States Game Highlights | 2023 World Baseball Classic link
Cuba vs. USA Highlights | 2023 World Baseball Classic Semifinals
Cuba took on the USA in the semifinals of the 2023 World Baseball Classic. Cuba struck first when Adam Wainwright walked in a run. Paul Goldschmidt would answer with a two-run home run. Trea Turner added a solo home run in the second inning. Trea Turner would add another home run, a three-run in the sixth inning. Cedric Mullins added a solo shot in the eighth inning. Team USA won 14-2.
- Shohei Ohtani (大谷翔平) & Japan vs Mexico World Baseball classic semifinals preview | Flippin' Bats link
- Team Mexico beats Puerto Rico to advance to the World Baseball Classic semifinals | Flippin' Bats link
- Puerto Rico vs Mexico Game Highlights | 2023 World Baseball Classic link
Puerto Rico vs. Mexico Highlights | 2023 World Baseball Classic Quarterfinal
Puerto Rico took on Mexico in the quarterfinals of the 2023 World Baseball Classic. Puerto Rico was hot early as they went up 4-0 in the first inning behind back-to-back home runs by Javier Báez and Eddie Rosario. Mexico would storm back after a solo home run by Isaac Paredes in the 2nd. Then in the seventh, they made their push behind RBI singles by Isaac Paredes and Luis Urias. Randy Arozarena made a spectacular catch in the eighth inning to prevent a run from scoring. Mexico would go on to win 5-4 and advances to face Japan in the semifinal.