Mary Kay Letourneau Has Passed Away
Get all the latest news, live updates & top stories on Mary Kay Letourneau
Mary Kay Letourneau, the Seattle teacher who was convicted in 1997 of raping a 13-year-old student, Vili Fualaau, who she later married, has just passed away at age 58 due to cancer. Letourneau died fairly suddenly in her home late Monday, her former attorney David Gehrke told CNN. "(Fualaau) knew that this was Mary's end coming, fast moving, and for her sake and the family's sake, and for his sake, he came back up and was with her, and it meant the world to her," Gehrke said. "And I know it meant the world to Vili, as painful as it was." Mary Kay Letourneau will surely be missed by many.
Mary Kay Letourneau, Who Was Convicted Of Raping Her Student, Dies: TODAY’s Headlines | TODAY
Former schoolteacher Mary Kay Letourneau, who was convicted of raping a 13-year-old student whom she later married, has died of cancer at age 58. In other TODAY headlines, Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg met with civil rights leaders Tuesday amid pressure on the social network to do more about hate speech and misinformation.
- Mary Kay Letourneau dies of cancer link
- Infamous teacher Mary Kay Letourneau dies of cancer link
- Mary Kay Letourneau, teacher jailed for raping student, dies link
- Mary Kay Letourneau, who was convicted of raping 13-year-old student she later married, has died of link
- Mary Kay Letourneau dies from cancer link
- Mary Kay Letourneau - the teacher jailed for raping a student she later married | Sunday Night link