Hurricane Henri Inbound
Get all the latest news, live updates & top stories on Hurricane Henri
CNN - As Tropical Storm Henri moved north through the Atlantic this past Friday night, hurricane warnings were posted from New York's Long Island to Rhode Island and a tropical storm warning was issued for New York City; more than 4 million people were under the hurricane warning. "With the current forecasted track of Henri, we can expect heavy rainfall and high winds, with the potential for a significant amount of coastal flooding and urban flooding across Connecticut," Gov. Ned Lamont said in a news release. "Right now, it's a good idea for everyone to be prepared and expect to shelter in place by Sunday afternoon through at least Monday morning."
- Hurricane Henri expected to make landfall in New England tomorrow afternoon link
- Preparations intensify as Hurricane Henri nears link
- Hurricane Henri's track as it barrels toward Long Island, New England link
- Preparations underway ahead of Hurricane Henri’s impact link
- Latest forecast for Hurricane Henri link
- Southern New Englanders urged to take Hurricane Henri seriously link
Tracking Henri’s Path As It Moves Toward The Northeast
Weekend TODAY’s Dylan Dreyer is tracking Tropical Storm Henri as it takes aim at the Northeast. The system is expected to strength into a Category 1 hurricane with parts of Long Island and Connecticut under storm surge warnings.
- Power outages are going to be the biggest issue with this storm, says meteorologist Bill Karins link
- Hurricane watches issued for Long Island, Connecticut as Henri nears link