The Colorado Springs LGBTQ Nightclub Shooting
Get all the latest news, live updates & top stories on Colorado Springs shooting
CNN - 22-year-old gunman Anderson Lee Aldrich entered LGBTQ nightclub Club Q in Colorado Springs, Colorado, just before midnight this weekend and immediately opened fire, killing at least five people and injuring 25 others, before patrons confronted and stopped him, police said today. Police are now investigating whether the attack was a hate crime and noted Club Q’s relationship with the LGBTQ community. In a statement posted on social media, Club Q said it was “devastated by the senseless attack on our community” and thanked “the quick reactions of heroic customers that subdued the gunman and ended this hate attack.”
- Colorado Springs shooting: What we know about the gay nightclub shooting suspect link
- Report: Accused Colorado Springs shooter is grandson of California Assemblyman Randy Voepel link
- At least 5 dead, 25 injured in LGBTQ+ nightclub shooting in Colorado Springs link
Seattle LGBTQ community reacts to Colorado Springs nightclub mass shooting
Julia's on Broadway already had increased security, but incidents like the mass shooting at a Colorado Springs nightclub only add concern for the community.
- What we know about the deadly shooting in Colorado Springs link
- Witness Feared For Life During Colorado Springs Shooting link
- 5 dead, 25 injured in Colorado Springs shooting link
- Colorado club shooting updates: Suspect named after 5 dead, dozens injured at LGBTQ nightclub link
Colorado Springs: At least five killed in shooting at gay nightclub
Clubgoers fought and stopped a gunman shortly after he opened fire in a LGBTQ nightclub in Colorado Springs, killing five people and injuring 18 others, police said on Sunday.
- Colorado Springs: Club Q shooting suspect injured and in custody link