Oscar Winner Christopher Plummer Has Passed Away
Get all the latest news, live updates & top stories on Christopher Plummer
Oscar-winning actor Christopher Plummer, the legendary actor best known for "The Sound of Music", has unfortunately just passed away at age 91. "Chris was an extraordinary man who deeply loved and respected his profession with great old fashion manners, self deprecating humor and the music of words," Lou Pitt, his longtime friend and manager of 46 years said in a statement to Variety. "He was a National Treasure who deeply relished his Canadian roots. Through his art and humanity, he touched all of our hearts and his legendary life will endure for all generations to come. He will forever be with us." Plummer will surely be missed by many.
So Long, Farewell, Christopher Plummer: Legendary Actor Dies At 91 | TODAY
Tributes are pouring in for actor Christopher Plummer, who is largely remembered for his role as Captain Georg von Trapp in “The Sound of Music.” He died Friday at age 91. Reporting for Weekend TODAY, NBC’s Kathy Park looks back at his nearly seven decades on stage and on screen.
- Christopher Plummer, 'Sound of Music' Star and Oscar-Winning Actor, Dies at 91 | THR News link
- Julie Andrews & More Stars React To Christopher Plummer's Death link
- Remembering Christopher Plummer: 1929 - 2021 | Stratford Festival 2020 link
- From 2011: Christopher Plummer, in his prime link
- Christopher Plummer Dies At 91 link
- In Memoriam: Christopher Plummer’s Final Interview With ET Canada link