The California Recall Election
Get all the latest news, live updates & top stories on California recall election
NPR - For the first time in nearly two decades, California voters will decide whether to remove their current governor, Gavin Newsom, in today's recall election. Thus far, national Democrats have been weighing in on his performance in office over the last 20 months, trying to persuade voters to keep him at the helm. If Newsom is recalled, his replacement will finish the rest of his term, which ends in early 2023; then they would have to run for reelection in 2022 if they want to stay in office after that.
California recall election: Larry Elder makes baseless election fraud claims | LiveNOW from FOX
California Gov. Gavin Newsom will stay in office after winning the recall election. His top Republican opponent Larry Elder has made unfounded claims of election fraud after an unsuccessful gubernatorial bid.
Democratic Gov. Gavin Newsom projected to win California recall election
Newsom faced a recall in part due to his handling of the pandemic. Among the 46 candidates vying to replace him, conservative talk radio host Larry Elder was the frontrunner.
- Top takeaways from the California recall election link
- Gavin Newsom wins: California recall election fails, governor stays in office link
Newsom survives California recall election
California's Gov. Gavin Newsom survives the GOP-backed recall effort and will remain in office after a majority of voters voted "no" in Tuesday's recall election, according to a projection from the CNN Decision Desk.
A look at early exit poll data in California recall election
The issues most important to California voters in the recall election seem to vary between those who voted "yes" and those who voted "no," according to preliminary exit poll data. CBS News elections and surveys director Anthony Salvanto joins CBSN's "Red & Blue" host Elaine Quijano with his analysis.
- California recall election: Larry Elder holds watch party | LiveNOW from FOX link
Hours left to vote in California recall election
President Joe Biden campaigned for Gov. Gavin Newsom to remain as governor of the state and said the vote will have a national impact. The handling of the pandemic is a top issue for voters.
Tamara Keith and Amy Walter on $3.5T Dem bill, California recall election
NPR’s Tamara Keith and Amy Walter of the Cook Political Report join Judy Woodruff to discuss the latest political news, including Democrats’ $3.5 trillion social spending bill and California Gov. Gavin Newsom’s recall election.
- How California’s recall election process works link
- President Biden joins California governor amid high stakes recall election l GMA link
- California's Recall Election Vote Set For Tuesday link
- Accusations fly in California recall election link
- California Recall Election: Final Push on the Campaign Trail link
- Governor Newsom Faces Recall Election in California link
- Candidates make last-ditch effort for support in California recall election link