11-Time NBA Champion Bill Russell Has Passed Away
Get all the latest news, live updates & top stories on Bill Russell
ESPN - Bill Russell, undoubtedly the cornerstone of the Boston Celtics dynasty that won eight straight titles and 11 overall during his career, tragically passed away today at the age of 88. Russell died "peacefully" with his wife, Jeannine, at his side, a statement posted on social media read. Arrangements for Russell's memorial service will be announced soon, added the statement. Bill Russell will surely be missed by many.
Bill Russell’s Jersey Number Retired Across All NBA Teams
The NBA is permanently honoring the legacy of legendary basketball player, coach and civil rights activist Bill Russell by retiring his jersey number. This is the first time a number is being retired league-wide. Russell recently passed at age 88.
All other arenas should hang a No. 6 for Bill Russell - Jalen Rose | Jalen & Jacoby
Jalen Rose and David Jacoby react to the NBA's decision to retire Bill Russell's No. 6 jersey across all teams.
- THE HERD | Colin: Bill Russell's No. 6 to be retired across NBA following his passing last month link
NBA to retire Bill Russell's No. 6 across league
Russell's iconic number, 6, will be retired across the NBA. This is the first instance of he league ever doing so in the wake of Russell's passing in July. He was an 11-time Champion and five-time MVP, as well as the league's first ever Black coach.
Barack Obama On Bill Russell: I Learned So Much From The Way He Lived His Life
At a family funeral for Bill Russell, a letter about the basketball legend written by former Pres. Barack Obama was read. MSNBC's Lawrence O'Donnell shares the former president's tribute.
- Kevin Durant's Exit Plan, Bill Russell's No. 6 Retired and Teams Most Likely to Make a Leap link
- Do you agree with the NBA retiring Bill Russell's No. 6 Jersey? #shorts #NBA #billrussell #celtics link
- The NBA honors legend Bill Russell 🙏 #shorts link
- NBA Retiring Bill Russell's No. 6 League-Wide | CBS Sports HQ link
- The NBA Just Retired The Number 6 LEAGUE WIDE For Bill Russell! link
Reacting to the NBA retiring the No. 6 in honor of Bill Russell | NBA Today
Bobby Marks, Tim Bontemps and Matt Barnes join NBA Today to react to the NBA retiring the number 6 jersey league-wide in honor of Bill Russell.