Pelosi's 25th Amendment Announcement
Get all the latest news, live updates & top stories on 25th Amendment
Recently, Nancy Pelosi made an announcement that Congress is considering legislation on how to remove a president from office, as reported by Fox News. In light of this announcement, Pres. Trump swiftly took to Twitter to suggest that Pelosi's true goal was to dethrone Biden should he win in November's election. "Crazy Nancy Pelosi is looking at the 25th Amendment in order to replace Joe Biden with Kamala Harris," Trump tweeted. "The Dems want that to happen fast because Sleepy Joe is out of it!!!"
- VP Pence refuses to invoke the 25th Amendment, House debates and votes on 2nd impeachment link
- WATCH LIVE: House votes on 25th Amendment resolution against Trump link
LIVE: House reconvenes to vote on calling for VP Pence to invoke the 25th Amendment
#25thAmendment #Pence #25thAmendmentvote
WATCH: Trump says 25th Amendment not a risk to him, as lawmakers pursue his removal
As the House makes moves to impeach President Donald Trump for the second time in his tenure, Trump has remained defiant on Tuesday, Jan.12 writing off threats that he'd be removed from office via the 25th Amendment. House lawmakers are reconvening at the Capitol to approve a resolution calling on Vice President Mike Pence to invoke the 25th Amendment to declare the president unable to serve.The president is under fire for instigating an insurrection at the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6. In a speech in Texas near the U.S.-Mexico border wall on Jan. 12, Trump characterized the ongoing efforts against him as an "impeachment hoax" and said "the 25th Amendment is of zero risk to me." While Trump did not acknowledge his role in the riots, he said his administration believes in "respecting America's history and traditions, not tearing them down" and "in the rule of law, not in violence or rioting." Since he lost the 2020 election to Joe Biden, Trump has consistently pushed false narratives of voter fraud.
- WATCH LIVE: House Rules Committee meets ahead of debate over 25th Amendment link
House Rules Committee meets to discuss calling on Vice President Pence to invoke the 25th Amendment
#25thAmendment #impeachment #PresidentTrump
- House Democrats prep Trump impeachment bill; GOP blocks 25th Amendment ouster-by-Cabinet call | ABC7 link
Nancy Pelosi blasts GOP for blocking resolution to call on VP Pence to invoke 25th Amendment
#PresidentTrump #25thAmendment #ArticlesofImpeachment
- GOP Blocks Resolution Asking Pence to Invoke 25th Amendment to Remove Trump link
- Republicans block resolution on 25th Amendment, forcing vote link
- Nancy Pelosi to introduce resolution that calls on Mike Pence to invoke 25th Amendment link
Bringing down the Trump Presidency: the 25th Amendment Explained
President Trump has less than two weeks left in office, but after a violent mob of his supporters rampaged through the US Capitol, many are considering whether to try to remove him.