"The Autonomous Zone" in Seattle
Get all the latest news, live updates & top stories on Seattle
As reported by the NYTimes, in a shocking turn of events this week, the Seattle Police Department had offered a concession to George Floyd protesters: Officers abandoned their building, boarded up the windows, and have let the protesters have free rein outside. “This space is now property of the Seattle people,” read a banner on the front entrance of the now-empty police station. Seattle is now quite literally an experiment in life without the police — part street festival, part commune.
Protester speaks out after Seattle Police officer rolls bicycle over his head
"Trumpet Man," a regular at Seattle protests, posted a video on social media about getting run over by a Seattle Police officer's bicycle during a protest of a decision in Louisville, Kentucky to not indict officers in the killing of Breonna Taylor.
Why Washington Football should stick with Dwayne Haskins as starter | Pro Football Talk | NBC Sports
Mike Florio and Charean Williams discuss Dwayne Haskins performance and Ron Rivera's comments on the starter having a "cutoff point," while explaining why Washington Football should keep Haskins at the helm in 2020. #NBCSports #ProFootballTalk #WashingtonFootball
Northern Lights visible in Western Washington tonight
Some people in Western Washington may be able to see the Northern Lights tonight and early Tuesday morning.
- 'We're at a crossroads:' Health officials say about Washington coronavirus cases link
Dallas Cowboys' issues on full display in loss to Seattle Seahawks | Pro Football Talk | NBC Sports
Russell Wilson bolstered his MVP case with another stellar performance in the Seahawks win against the Cowboys. But Mike Florio and Chris Simms wonder how long Seattle can sustain this formula to win.
- Interim Chief Adrian Diaz on the challenges the Seattle Police Department faces link
10 protestors arrested in Seattle Saturday night
The arrests were for failure to disperse, assault and property damage.
VIDEO: Is Washington's fire season over? DNR explains why not
Although some may be seeing rain, the fire danger isn't over. Fire season got a late start this year and, unfortunately, it will have a late end.
- How 2020 compares to historic Washington wildfire seasons link
- Lawsuit claims Seattle and Washington failed to protect protesters from drivers and harm link
- FAA administrator to fly grounded Boeing 737 Max in Seattle next week link
- Lawsuit claims Seattle and Washington failed to protect protesters link
China has “no intention of a Cold War” as tension with Washington deepens - BBC News
The annual United Nations General Assembly has been taking place with world leaders giving recorded video speeches — due to the coronavirus pandemic.
- Protesters set fires out Seattle Police East Precinct Thursday night link
- Wildfire smoke takes toll on pets in western Washington link
- 'COVID-19 IRL': Western Washington University students use social media to educate incoming students link
- Extended interview with Seattle Mayor Jenny Durkan on police budget cuts link
- 27-year-old Seattle man dies on Mount Rainier link
- COVID-19 forces Ivar's to close Acres of Clams, Salmon House in Seattle until spring link
- Popular Duvall corn maze destroyed after heavy rain and wind hit western Washington link
- Seattle mayor reacts to council’s override of police funding veto link
- WATCH: Washington Gov. Jay Inslee holds press conference on West Coast wildfires link
- Criminal investigation requested after Seattle officer seen rolling bike over protester link
- Jane Fonda Shares What Motivated Her To Move To Washington, D.C. | TODAY link
- Want a Seattle Seahawk to deliver your dinner? link
- Monti Washington On BET+'s "Bruh" & Working With Tyler Perry link
- Anger in Seattle over Breonna Taylor verdict link
- Seattle company combines masks with tech link
- Seattle protesters demand justice for Breonna Taylor following Kentucky grand jury decision link
- COVID-19 precautions mean slower power outage response during western Washington storm season link
- Washington's Ashland Lakes trail provides a family-friendly alternative to its much busier neighbori link
- Semi-truck hangs over barrier after crashing on I-5 express lanes in Seattle link
- Washington Employment Security Department paid fraudulent claims on its own workers link
- Seattle City Council overrides Mayor Durkan's vetoes on police defunding link
- Washington lawmakers weigh police reform bills ahead of session link
- Seattle City Council overrides Durkan's budget vetoes over police funds link
- Lawmaker wants to retire Native American team names at Washington schools link
- Seattle restores damaged Black Lives Matter mural made during CHOP link
- How 1 program in Seattle brings farm-fresh food to those in need l GMA link
- Seattle City Council will vote Tuesday over Mayor Durkan's budget vetoes link
- Dept. of Justice deems Seattle an 'anarchist jurisdiction' for CHOP zone link