Chelsea Defeats Manchester City In Champions League
Get all the latest news, live updates & top stories on Champions League
ESPN - Chelsea have just secured the last place among the seeded teams for the 2021-22 Champions League group-stage draw. Chelsea beat Manchester City 1-0 in this year's final in Porto, thanks to a first-half goal from Kai Havertz, securing their place alongside the champions of Europe's top six leagues in Pot 1 for the draw on Aug. 26. And despite the disappointment, Manchester still managed to finish the season as the Premier League and League Cup champions. "It has been an exceptional season for us. It was a tight game. We had chances," Manchester City's Manager Pep Guardiola told BT Sport after the match. "We were brilliant in the second half, we were brave and we could not convert the chances as they were so strong. The players were exceptional. We come back maybe one day again!"
- Every goal from Matchday 3 - Thursday | UEFA Champions League | 2021-22 link
- Zenit vs. Juventus: Extended Highlights | Group Stage - Match Day 3 | CBS Sports Golazo link
- Benfica vs. Bayern Munich: Extended Highlights | Group Stage - Match Day 3 | CBS Sports Golazo link
- Atlético de Madrid vs. Liverpool: Extended Highlights | Group Stage-Match Day 3 | CBS Sports Golazo link
- Paris Saint-Germain vs. RB Leipzig: Extended Highlights | Group Stage - Match Day 3 | CBS Sports … link